I want to volunteer
Volunteers are at the heart of the service we offer.
They are involved in every part of the network, including:
- Providing our phoneline, email, text and online chat service.
- Our marketing and social media.
- Community outreach.
- Liaising with organisations and businesses.
If you are a member of the LGBT+ community and can spare at least two evenings a month for our helpline service or have time to help with one of the other activities, we would love to hear from you. All you need to do is fill in a new volunteer questionnaire and we will be in touch.
Some of the benefits of being a Notts LGBT+ Network volunteer
All of our volunteers have the satisfaction of knowing they are making a positive difference to the LGBT+ community in Nottinghamshire, but there are lots of other benefits of volunteering with us:
- The chance to learn new skills.
- Put your current skills to use in a new context.
- Add volunteering to your CV.
- Meet other like-minded volunteers.
- Take part in new social activities.
- Make new friends.
- Network with people from other voluntary and statutory organisations.
- Be among the first to hear about important new developments.