Who we are
Notts LGBT+ Network is a registered charity, run entirely by unpaid volunteers . Based in central Nottingham, we have been offering support and advice to the county’s LGBT+ community, their friends and family, as well as local organisations and businesses, since 1975.
Our network creates a safe space for people looking for information, advice and help relating to LGBT+ issues, including sexuality, gender identity, sexual health and emotional well-being. We primarily work with over 18’s but we are able to signpost to organisations who work with under 18’s
We are proud to say that we have been able to help over 80,000 people since the network started and partnered with more than 100 groups and organisations across Nottinghamshire to raise awareness of LGBT+ issues.
- To provide information and support for:
- Members of the LGBT+ community in Nottinghamshire.
- Anyone seeking support with sexuality / gender identity.
- Friends, family or colleagues of the above.
- Organisations and businesses looking for information on LGBT+ issues.
- To provide a comprehensive database of advice services, charities and organisations in Nottinghamshire that offer support to LGBT+ people.
- To promote and support LGBT+ social groups and clubs in Nottinghamshire.
- To work in partnership with organisations who share our commitment to the LGBT+ community in Nottinghamshire and have similar aims.
- To offer training and support to our volunteers, as well as organisations and businesses across Nottinghamshire.